● 75 million people use a wheelchair globally
● For those who are physically challenged, a wheelchair is a great way to regain some mobility
● A wheelchair allows a disabled person to enjoy and even take part in events and activities with families, friends and colleagues, which would otherwise be impossible.
On the authority of Abu Hurairah (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, ‘When a person dies, his deeds come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (a continuous charity), or knowledge from which benefit is gained, or a righteous child who prays for him’. [Muslim]
- Wheelchairs are provided to disabled individuals who require them for movement over short distances
- Individuals who have the greatest need for a wheelchair are provided with them first
- These wheelchairs are hand-operated and are used for short distances.
- Wheelchair donations will bring the joy of mobility and independence to disabled and elderly people
- These wheelchairs are hand operated therefore it does not have electrical or fuel charges
- The cost for the wheelchair donation is £60