EID GIFT/ EID MEAL/ FIDYA/ FITRA
●Eid is a time of joy and celebration
●For children in particular, receiving gifts makes these days extra special
● Many are not able to afford buying their children any Eid Gifts
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Charity does not decrease wealth, no one forgives another but that Allah increases his honour, and no one humbles himself for the sake of Allah but that Allah raises his status.
Eid gifts for Kids and Poor
- Gifts are given to the needy before Eid
- Essentials are provided to cook a proper meal on the auspicious day of Eid
- Materials such as milk, vermicelli (Sewiya) and dry fruits are also given to families to cook special dishes for Eid
- To add to the package, clothes for women are also distributed.
- Through these donations, a needy family can enjoy their Eid to the fullest Insha Allah
- Each Eid gift package costs £15
- Fidya, is a compulsory charitable donation which one must make if unable to fast during Ramadan
- Fidya is only obligatory upon the person who cannot fast for a valid health-related reason
- £4 per person per fast that is missed, £120 for 30 days
- Poor are provided with Meat, milk, rice and other local ingredients.
- Poor families can also have a good meal on the occasion of Eid
- Eid meal costs £10
- Fitra or Zakat Al Fitr is an obligatory charity that is distributed at the end of Ramadan
- Fitra is obligatory for every Muslim
- Eid meal costs £5
Image Slide 1
Image Slide 2
Image Slide 3