● Mosquitoes spread all types of viruses and parasites, which can cause diseases such as Chikungunya, Dengue, Zika, West Nile, Encephalitis and Malaria
● Mosquito nets are particularly important in protecting the most vulnerable groups: pregnant women and children under five years old.
Narrated by Anas (RA):
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed". A man said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I will help him if he is oppressed, but if he is an oppressor, how shall I help him?" The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "By preventing him from oppressing (others), for that is how to help him
- Mosquito nets help individuals and families sleep more safely at night
- Nets are in great need during the monsoon season when there are an abundance of insects
- These nets prevent mosquitos and insects from entering and biting the hosts which helps prevent diseases such as malaria, dengue etc. while maintaining ventilation for sound sleep
- A single mosquito net costs £5