Water Well Project
1. Motorized water well costs £750
2. Small well in Bangladesh costs £500
2. Water Hand Pump (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan) costs £150
3. Water pump repair in Uganda costs £200
4. Community Well in Uganda costs £1,100
● Hand Pumps take 2 weeks for installation
● Water wells are completed in 2 months
● Motorized water well usually serves the entire local village community sometimes up to 100-120 people.
● Water Hand Pump usually serves 10-15 local families
● Dried-up water wells in Uganda that were built a while ago but are no longer functional need to be repaired.
● New community wells are also built-in in Uganda.
● Blackburn UK Trust mostly builds these water wells near masjids and local communities. So that the water is used for both wudu and household purposes.
Narrated by Hazrat Asma (RA):
Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “Give (in charity) and do not give reluctantly lest Allah should give you in a limited amount, and do not withhold your money lest Allah should withhold it from you.”